I shared yesterday how delighted I was to come across some wonderful Meyer lemons. I used half the bag to make a delicious Meyer Lemon, Orange & Ginger Marmalade. While I had the lemons out, I spotted another intriguing recipe on the back of the bag. Have you ever noticed that often, companies will share some of their most prized recipes on the outside of the package/container?
While this isn’t always the case, I’ve found some wonderful “keeper” recipes this way. I decided to give the their recipe for Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette a try and we weren’t disappointed a bit! It’s a vibrant, fresh tasting dressing that would be wonderful with both green savory salads or on lettuce salads with apples, pears, grapes, craisins, etc. It’s easy to put together – everything goes in the blender, a quick whirrrrrr and that’s it – a fabulous dressing that’ll add a bit of pizzazz to your dinner table!
P.S. If you can’t find Meyer Lemons, you could substitute regular lemons in this recipe. Since Meyer lemons are a bit sweeter, you might want to add a little more honey or the juice of half an orange as part of the lemon juice measurement.
Oh, and be sure to check back on Monday for a delicious salad – Butter Lettuce & Cilantro Salad w/ Avocado & Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette – you’re going to LOVE this one!
- ½ cup fresh Meyer lemon juice*
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon whole grain prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1¼ cups extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a blender. Pulse a few times to chop garlic thoroughly and mix ingredients together.
- With the blender on low speed, slowly add olive oil to the mixture in a steady stream until completely blended. Drizzle over your favorite salad.
If you can't find or don't have Meyer lemons, just use regular lemons. You might want to add just a bit more honey or use the juice of half an orange as part of the ½ cup lemon juice.