Best Ever Homemade Flour Tortillas

Homemade Flour Tortillas, so easy, SO good!
This one’s been a long time coming, years actually, I’ve been trying out recipes for homemade flour tortillas for quite some time now, but I’ve never been thrilled with any of them. Definitely not thrilled enough to blog them ……. too dry, too sticky, too crisp, too bland, too soggy, too complicated ….. this time however, it’s different.

I LOVE the results and I think you will too. These Best Ever Homemade Flour Tortillas are tender, soft and flavorful. Because they keep well, they can be made in advance and warmed in the microwave or on the stovetop just before serving.

Homemade Flour Tortillas, so easy, SO good!
And EASY, they’re super easy! If you have a mixer with a dough hook, you can have the dough made in less than five minutes (if not, maybe ten at the most). Then all you do is portion it, roll each piece nice and thin, and give them a sear (one-two minutes!) in a hot, dry pan. Voila! Once you take the first taste, you’ll NEVER want pre-packaged tortillas again.

Homemade Flour Tortillas, so easy, SO good!
These Best Ever Homemade Flour Tortillas will make any South of the Border meal extraordinary ………. but this is the REALLY cool thing; they also make fabulous, super thin crust pizzas. Just brush them lightly with olive oil and top with your favorite pizza ingredients. I love pesto, a bit of fresh mozzarella, smokey bacon bits and a sprinkle of pine nuts and/or fresh herbs. Pop them in a piping hot (450˚F) oven for 4-5 minutes or until crispy golden brown.

This may well be one of the most delicious pizzas you ever have the pleasure of meeting. Imagine coming home after a busy day and having a stash of these tortillas (aka pizza crusts) in the freezer. Throw together a fresh salad and an individual pizza for each family member and they’ll be “WOWING” you all evening long!

I’ve also used these Best Ever Homemade Flour Tortillas for wonderful sandwich wraps and I’ve spread them with a bit of butter, then a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar and rolled them up for a quick sweet treat. They make fabulous, shatteringly crisp crackers too. Just brush one with a teaspoon of olive oil, then sprinkle lightly with sea salt. Bake for 5 minutes at 450˚F. and you won’t even believe how delicious they are on their own or broken into irregular pieces and used to dip hummus, salsa et.

Can you tell I’m excited about these guys? You will be too and I have a feeling, once you try them, you won’t want to be without a cache of these tortillas in your freezer. They’re honestly, almost too good to be true! Almost.

4.8 from 67 reviews
Best Ever! Homemade Flour Tortillas

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

These are so simple and unbelievably delicious!
Author:
Recipe type: Bread
Cuisine: International
Serves: 16
Ingredients
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ⅓ cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup warm water
Instructions
  1. Combine flour, salt and baking powder in the bowl of a stand mixer. With the dough hook attached mix dry ingredients until well combined. Add oil and water with mixer running at a medium speed. Mix for 1 minute, stopping several timesto scrape the sides of the bowl. After about 1 minute, or when mixture comes together and begins to form a ball, decrease mixing speed to low. Continue to mix for 1 minute or until dough is smooth.
  2. Transfer from mixing bowl to a well-floured work surface. Divide dough in half, then in half again. Continue until you have 16 fairly equal portions. Form each piece into a ball and flatten with the palm of your hand as much as possible. If dough is sticky, use a bit more flour. Cover flattened balls of dough with a clean kitchen towel and allow to rest for 15 minutes before proceeding.
  3. After rest period, heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Roll each dough piece into a rough circle, about 6-7 inches in diameter, keep work surface and rolling pin lightly floured. Don’t stack uncooked tortillas on top of each other or they will get soggy.
  4. When pan is very hot, place one dough circle into pan and allow to cook about 1 minute or until bottom surface has a few pale brown spots. The uncooked surface will begin to show a few little bubbles. If tortilla is browning too fast, reduced heat a bit. If it’s taking longer than a minute to see a few pale golden brown spots on underside of tortillas, increase heat a bit. Flip to other side and cook for about 30 seconds. You want the tortilla to be soft but have a few small pale golden brown spots on surface. Remove from pan with tongs and stack in a covered container or zippered bag till all tortillas are cooked. This will keep them soft and pliable.
  5. Wipe out the pan inbetween tortillas if flour is started to accumulate.
  6. Serve warm or allow to cool for later use. When ready to use, place a slightly damp paper towel in the bottom of a container (with a cover) that will hold the stacked tortillas. Microwave, uncovered for 15-25 seconds (start with 15) or until warm, then cover to hold heat while serving.
  7. The tortillas will keep well stored in an airtight container or zippered bag at at room temperature for 24 hours or can be frozen indefinitely. To freeze, separate tortillas with parchment paper or waxed paper and place in a zippered bag before placing in freezer.
Notes
Adapted from Cooks.com

Comments

• Russ says

Just made these using a cast iron skillet with just a light coating of olive oil. No sticking whatsoever. And they came out awesome! I am going to add a little bit of sweet cream butter next time and see how they come out.

• josh says

My girlfriend and her family are half Spanish (spain) and half Mexican they use a iron skillet a well seasoned skillet will add flavor

• Liz says

HI,

I bought an electric roti press at the local second hand store, it works so great with this recipe! I like so many cooks cannot help myself and tampered with the recipe. I use 1 cup of whole wheat and 2 cups of white flour. My family and I are eating them with Indian food and with Mexican food and using them to wrap salads.

Thank you so much for all your experimenting.

1. says

They look so good, and lighter than the bought kind. If you make the pizza with them, don’t you need to toast them or put them in the oven a few minutes before you add the toppings?

• says

Yes Ginny, I do brush them VERY lightly with olive oil then pop them in the oven for just a minute or so to crisp. Then top and bake a few more minutes to melt the cheese.

2. says

We love tortillas but I’ve never tried to make them. I will definitely try these. I wish I had your recipe the other day when I made Steak Fajitas – it would have been perfect. Yours look wonderful, soft and just the right amount of color. Thanks for sharing this.

3. says

Chris – I am so excited to have this recipe. We meet the kids often after church at a restaurant called Chuy’s. It is out of Houston, Texas and Nashville was one of the first cities outside of Texas to have one. One Sunday while waiting for
    the kids, I went up to the glass surrounded space where the “Mexican grandmother” makes the tortillas by hand – I loved watching her make each tortilla and placing them one by one on this revolving hot dry griddle-turning them over by hand as they passed by – she took a small piece of parchment paper and offer me one – oh my goodness that plain little warm tortilla was delicious!!! I used one of my few spanish words from 7th grade and said with a smile-gracias! It seemed to please her that I loved it. I thought of you the whole time-knowing you would have loved to see her making them by hand. Thanks-can’t wait to try them. love geenie in tennessee!

• says

Genie, I though about you when I made pizzas from these; they make the most incredible thin crusted, VERY crisp (just like you like), yummy pizzas. You have to try them!!

4. says

These look perfect. I am so familiar with the process you went through. I found it was a matter of the oil proportion in the tortillas and I see yours seems like the right ration just by looking at the photos. Gorgeous.

5. says

Interesting I always use masa for my corn tortillas, but I have never made flour tortillas! That looks like a doable recipe I can work with since I love to make myself breakfast burritos…sigh, I need one right now.

6. says

We used to spend our summers in central Mexico, where I learned to make corn tortillas by hand over a fire on a big iron pan called a comal. It was a fun cross-cultural learning experience but I never tried to duplicate the delicious results at home! Your recipe makes it sound so simple, I feel silly that I never tried.:) Thanks to this recipe, I will be changing that soon!

7. says

Wow Chris these are beautiful homemade tortilla! I can’t wait to give them a try, I’ve been wanting to try out a recipe but had been timid to but you have me convince with these. Also great ideas to use them too.

8. says

Chris, you must have read my mind – I have been looking high and low for a good and reliable recipe for Homemade Tortillas – I already printed out your recipe and since I have all that wonderful artisinal flour from my favorite mill I shall máke these beauties today and get back to you with the results later this week! Thanks so much for posting this recipe!
    Have a lovely Sunday, Chris!

9. says

Gosh, I haven’t made flour tortillas for ages. Or corn ones, for that matter. These look terrific! I have a big electric griddle that I usually use to make things like this – speeds things up a lot because I can do several at a time. Good stuff – thanks.

10. says

There is nothing better than a fresh tortilla with just a little bit of butter. Living in AZ we can get a lot of homemade ones but I have never thought to try and make them myself!

11. says

Oh yum. I just made homemade flour tortillas! They’re the best, aren’t they? :) And yours are so thin. Interesting! Mine are nice and thick but I guess a thin one would be nice every now and then. I’ll bookmark these for when that mood strikes. ;)

12. Anonymous says

Thank you. I did thrice but never had a successful result, mostly too hard to chew. Second one is almost better. I’m gonna try this recipe. Hope to be successful this time.

13. says

hi chris, i must try this too one day. I hv made tortillas a few times an di just gotta to give these a try some time. btw, i have made some flatbreads and use your mashed avocado and egg idea..that was really good..! will be blogging about that soon!

14. says

WOW! Chris, I really loved these tortillas, made these this afternoon for tacos night! I will try these for pizzas as weel:) Thanks for the recipe!

15. says

I was excited to see the recipe as I make tortilla’s all the time. Imagine my surprise to find it was exactly what I have been making for over 40 years! Never thought about using them for pizza tho. Will have to give that a try when the grandkids come over! Thanks for thinking outside the box!

16. says

The last time I tried tortillas with baking powder they really puffed up thick despite rolling them as thin as I could. Did you have this same problem at all? How do you keep them so thin?

Thank you!

17. says

Hi, how did you keep the tortillas so thin and keep them from puffing up? I tried a recipe similar once with baking powder and they were more like a thick fry bread than like your beautiful tortillas. Any advice?

18. says

Try using a tortilla press instead of rolling them out. I have never used one but I hear they are terrific. All the tortilla’s are of equal thickness and size. Or, if you are rolling them, just roll them thinner! Keep practicing and you will get it right. Tortilla’s are such a terrific addition to a meal. Personally, I love them fresh made wrapped around a freshly roasted green chili. Now that is pure heaven! Good luck!

19. Anonymous says

I was thinking of trying these gluten free, since I am visiting home and my mom can’t eat gluten. Do you think it would work the same if I use a gluten free flour blend and add xanthan gum?

20. says

I’m probably not the best one to ask since I haven’t worked a ton w/ gluten free recipes, but it would certainly be worth a try. Please let me know how they turn out if you do try it. ~ Chris

21. says

I don’t normally comment on blog recipes, but I just had to say how much I LOVE these tortillas. I live in Japan, so tortillas are harder to come by, expensive, and often leave much to be desired texturally and in terms of flavor.

I adjusted the salt to suit our tastes, but the texture of these tortillas is absolutely fabulous. The fact that they are so simple to throw together makes them even better. I definitely plan to keep a constant stock in the freezer! Thanks again!

22. Hafii Khan says

These are called rotis in pakistan and they’re awesome ! I grew up eating these and the other packaged stuff has never appealed to my buds. Imagine eating fresh bread every day! That smell, that texture, that taste, its incomparable!

23. Anonymous says

Made this recipe with my daughters this afternoon. Then had to make another batch because we shamelessly ate so many that we needed more for dinner. Easy, quick, successful and best of all DELICIOUS tortillas. Will be making many more. Thank you. Becca

24. Nancy says

Chris my mother in law taught me to make tortillas with a similar recipe. Reading this post brings back great memories of time spent with an amazing lady. I haven’t made them in a long time. I think I will make them this week. We call them “guess the state” tortillas because mine are rarely round. Thanks for sharing. :)

• says

Nancy, that’s so cool that the tortillas brought back sweet memories for you. I think you’ll love them. I’ve had so many people write back and tell how easy they were and how much they enjoyed them. Oh, don’t worry about the round shape. I think they’re much more fun rustically shaped!

• Helen says

We used to call it that too! Only when the kids tried to roll them out though. My mom made hers perfectly round of course. This recipe is exactly the one she used to make the best tasting tortillas I have ever had. I have tried to figure out her recipe (sadly she is no longer with us) and have been trying out ones I find on the internet. None have worked. This is the one!!

25. Anonymous says

I’m surprised you use vegetable oil in place of lard, a traditional ingredient (not the shelf-stable stuff) typically used in tortilla making. Also better for you as lard is monounsaturated

• Anonymous says

I use 1/2 cup butter flavored crisco shortening to get the butter flavor in the tortillas. Also, I use 3/4 teaspoon baking powder instead of 1 teaspoon to get a softer tortilla. I cook tortilla for 30 seconds on each side and stack them in a steaw tortilla warmer in foil and cover with kitchen towel to keep warm

26. Anonymous says

I made them this morning using olive oil and halfing all the ingredients so to make only half the number. They came out delicious and disappeared as fast as they came off the pan. Mine wouldn’t be good for tacos as they were a little brittle but with a big slab of butter they were delightful! Thanks for the recipe!

• says

Thanks for letting me know. We love these tortillas. I’m so happy you liked them. If you cook slightly less, they won’t crisp up and you can use them for tacos, etc. Also, if you stack them, after cooking, they will soften a bit too from the steam. If they last long enough to stack ………….. :)

27. Anonymous says

how long would these last in the fridge? I would assume like homemade bread not as long as the store bought kind right?

28. Anonymous says

these turned out better than my usual tortilla recipe! I think that the baking powder makes them a little fluffier. One thing that I always do is put them between two plates or into a large ziplock after cooking. This means that the steam gets trapped, and when they cool they are very pliable.

29. says

Hi!
    Thank You for sharing this recipe!!! I am on a low Sodium diet and the store bought ones are extremely high in salt. I just use a little Onion Powder and Garlic Powder instead. Also if you are rolling them out instead of using a press just roll them out once then let them rest for 10 minutes then roll them again and you can get them really thin. Amazon has really good deals in their clearance inventory on cast iron press though. Lastly you can freeze them uncooked if you put wax paper or parchment paper between them after pressing or rolling them then put them in a freezer zip lock bag and press all the air out. When you want them fresh just put them in the refrigerator overnight to thaw or on the counter if you are in a hurry. Then just cook them on the griddle and – Yummmmy!!!! Thanks again for sharing ths! My sweet Hubby cringes at the word Lard so I am pleased to use the oil instead – AWESOME!!!!! Thank You :-)!!!!!

30. says

These are unbelievably delicious! Now I can’t even look at the tortillas on the store shelves without seeing tasteless pieces of paper with brown spots! Ever since I discovered the recipe I have been making a double batch on Sundays for the week (or maybe two lol) ahead. It gives me 36 lovely wonderful tortillas. Thank you so much for the recipe! BTW I use melted coconut oil instead of the vegetable oil. :)

• says

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us Lisa, I’m so happy that you have had such good results with these tortillas. I too, couldn’t believe how wonderful they are :)

31. says

SO I just made these. THey taste great, but they are stiff and the dough was really tough. I used a white wheat. Could that have been it? I tried adding more water, but it just made a mess in the mixer and I had to kneed it by hand to incorporate it. Any thoughts? Thanks!

32. says

Hi Lauren, it could have been the white wheat. I’ve found I have a bit different results with that. You could try it again with half all purpose and half white wheat. I always use all purpose for these so that’s the only thing I can think of.

33. says

Came across your recipe and I think it’s great that more people want to learn to make tortillas I make them about 3 times a week my big mexican family has to have them all the time I do make them ahead if time and stack them on each other uncooked and have never been droopy or stick together but my recipe is a little different and I don’t measure my ingredients I just go by feel :)

34. Anonymous says

There is but one word for these… AWESOME! In about 45 minutes, I had beautiful, tasty tortillas. I ate THREE plain while frying them!

I made tortillas once years ago, and it was a nightmare. I now know why… there was no instructions to rest the dough.

Hubby and I eat egg burritos a couple times a week as a quick on-the-go breakfast. So this recipe will not only taste better, but will save me lots of money!

Thanks for sharing!

35. MaryB says

I’ve been looking for a great tortilla recipe. One question – perhaps I missed it in the text – do you use fine (like table salt) or kosher salt? Thank you.

36. Jameela says

Hi, I tried yr home made tortila recipe, n must say it is really the best. My quesadillas came out really gd. Buying a pkt of tortillas is a bit costly out here. But thanks to yr recipe I dont need to buy the ready made ones. Thank u fr sharing yr recipe w us.

37. Margareth Derrick says

I tried this recipe last night; it turned out pretty good. I tried it with something called eggplant choka. this consists of roasted eggplant,with sauted onions pimentos and garlic, sauted in olive oil, with salt and pepper to taste. Really good with your recipe.

38. says

I’ve read all the reviews and cant wait to make these tomorrow, however, in the UK we don’t use cups or all purpose flour, do you have a conversion and is all purpose flour the equivalent to plain flour or self raising flour? Thanks for your help

39. Carol says

OMG…THANK YOU for doing the experimenting for us…these are just unbelievable…dough has the right amount of fat thus a breeze to handle and the finished tortilla is so flexible and yummy. I don’t eat sodium, so I added my substitute spice and now I can finally eat tortillas!! Thin-crust pizza, dessert…I am so excited. LOVE THEM!!

40. says

Thanks so much for your reply, I’m about to commence, I will check in in about an hour to let you know the results.
    These are predominantly for my husbands pack up tomorrow, no doubt he will have a try of a warm one, but they are to be filled and rolled for his lunch, so 2 options….thanks again

• says

Hi Rita, I honestly don’t know. I think they’re might be websites where you can enter the ingredients and it will give the nutritional facts but I’ve never used any of them.

41. says

So excited to try these. I just got a tortilla press and have been DYING to find the perfect recipe. These look divine.

Thanks so much!

42. Danette Halloran says

I am so glad I stumbled on your blog. Can’t wait to try your recipes. Thanks for posting such great ones!

43. Desiree Hamm says

Hi Chris, just made these for lunch today, wrapped some tuna, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and mayo, and they where just great.
    I just want to make them look as pretty as your’s, more clean than mine. Mine turned out looking a bit oily. I used Canola oil and first class flour.
    Any suggestions? Thanks a lot for sharing this recipe.

• Hala says

Hello Chris. I can see in one of the comments you mentioned that we should not oil the pan and in this comment you are asking Desiree to use less canola oil if she oiled the pan.
        So that means we can pour a tiny bit of oil in the pan or…??
        Thanks for taking the time to read our comments.
        Hala

Hi Hala,
          You don’t really need to add oil to the pan if using a non-stick pan but it’s not going to hurt to add a tiny bit. I’ve had other share that they did and the tortillas came out well. Have fun!

44. says

Thanks for the recipe, these look delicious. I’m going to try them- especially as someone said they made the dough in their bread maker (I don’t have a mixer but for some reason we have a bread maker).

I wonder if these would work with spelt flour?

Only one way to find out!

• BexD says

Hi Kirsty,
      I made these tortillas this evening using 1 1/2c white flour, 1c wholemeal flour & 1/2c spelt. It works great. Next time I’m going to increase the spelt & use 1c of each.
      They were quite crispy, but as this is the first time I’ve made them I’m not sue I can blame the flour for that…! ;) good luck!

45. Desiree Hamm says

Hi, just tried this for lunch and they where great. Made tuna salad wraps. And dessert wraps.
    How can I make them a bit less oily? Your’s look so good.

• says

Hi, I’m so glad you enjoyed them. Are you using oil when you cook them? You don’t need any oil in the pan so they shouldn’t be oily. I might not have made that clear, sorry :)

• Desiree Hamm says

Thanks for the reply, sorry for my double message.
        No I actually didn’t oil my non-stick pan, maybe i will try to reduce the oil a bit for my next batch. Must have something to do with the type of flour i used.
        Thanks again and more power to your great blog.
        Happy cooking!

46. Jennifer says

Hi Chris – you are right, I also have tried quite a few wheat flour tortilla recipes and always been underwhelmed. I had come to assume that it was because the flour here in Australia was different. These were perfect! Thank-you

47. Richard says

I am an American living in Indonesia and I made these today by hand and they are fantastic!! Thank you very much for a great receipe.

48. Tobie says

I made these last week and my kids are begging for them again! They turned out great. I was just wondering if I could use olive oil instead of vegetable oil?

49. bvalarie says

I made these and getting them round was a challenge any suggestions? Great recipe almost like grandma’s I will be trying with lard next time.

50. o says

Hi. Ive made these twice and they are great – really really great. First time I made them, I cooked them on the BBQ and impressed the guests. I use the bread maker to mix the dough, no issue at all. A question for you….what does the baking powder do? I dont use it often and sometimes when a recipe calls for it, I find mine has expired in the cupboard. What would happen if i omit this?

• says

Thanks for letting me know about your great results! The baking powder gives them a tiny bit of rise which makes them so soft and tender. You could certainly try it and see if it makes a difference.

51. says

I made these today for a taco night and they were so delicious (I find the 1 tsp of salt gives it some real flavour). Very soft and fluffy! I used bread flour instead of purpose flour, and found that worked quite well. Thanks for the recipe :)

52. Karen says

This recipe looks great . I’m trying to find a recipe for cinnimon tortillas, would it just be a matter of using the same recipe and adding cinnimon and other spices???

53. Lori says

I had no success with tortilla recipes until this one. They are so delicious and easy. My family loves them so my search has ended here. Thank you!!

54. Eric says

Hi, I’ve tried about three recipes, but I get the same result: the tortillas, once formed, either by rolling or with a press, spring up into a narrower but thicker disc, resulting in something between a gordita shell and a pita. They taste and look fine, but they are far too thick and small to fold or wrap, so I use them like soft tostadas. Three recipes can’t be wrong the same way, so it must be something about how I’m handling it. KA all purpose flour, I mix by hand with a pastry knife and then hand knead.

Hi Eric,
      The only thing I can think of, is that you might be using too much flour. When you roll them out, try to use a minimal amount of flour. Also you might want to let it rest after you divide the dough so that you can roll them thinner and they won’t keep getting thicker. Try letting them rest for 10-15 minutes before trying to roll. This helps the elastic glutens to relax, hence making the rolling easier and the tortillas will stay thin. Hope that helps! Kind regards, Chris

55. says

I can’t wait to try these out. Living in South America has meant making even more of our staples from scratch. These are on my list of “to try” this week. My mouth is watering already :)

56. Dana says

Hi, these look delicious and I have two questions. First, can I use olive oil or coconut oil instead of vegetable oil, if so should I change quantities or cooking times? Also, if I wanted to make a large batch of these and freeze them, should I cook them first or freeze them uncooked? Thanks so much, I will be trying these when I make turkey tacos later this week. :)

57. Jen T. says

These are PERFECTION!!! We ran out of tortillas tonight, but I had already made the filling in the crockpot, so I searched for a easy homemade tortilla recipe and came upon this one. I was not disappointed. These are super easy and quick to make and the entire family loved them. Thanks so much!

58. Jason says

Just wanted to say a quick thanks. As a Texan living in Australia, I’m always looking for fresh tortillas. Now I make them! These came out perfect after a little trial and error.

59. Jennifer says

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this wonderful recipe. I am trying to avoid as many commercial food additives as possible and was unable to find tortillas which contained neither cellulose gum nor L-Cysteine so, wanting to make my own, I searched for a simple recipe and found your wonderful blog.

The tortillas turned out beautifully and I will never resort to purchasing commercially made ones again.

60. says

Was looking for a quick recipe to make flour tortillas with what I had on hand, found this so decided to give it a shot. I have attempted to make tortillas in the past and always fail. I went and used coconut oil instead of vegetable oil and sea salt instead of table salt, and they turned out awesome.

61. vanessa grubbs says

oh wow, yummy!!!!! i made the whole recipe, but only made 8 shells instead of 16, i like mine a little thicker and bigger, and these were perfect. so soft and flaky. great recipe!!!! i will use this again and agian

62. Sarah says

Just made these and earned some major cred from my two older sisters who think I can’t cook… Thank you!!!

63. says

Made these last night for Cinco de Mayo and they were fabulous! Thanks for doing all the recipe testing. Will definitely be making these again. Not sure I can go back to store bought tortillas :)

64. Nora1 says

Great recipe! I used mostly whole meal flour and olive oil and they still turned out great! Thank you!

65. Bri says

I had an awesome day today. I woke up at 4:30 hopped on my biked and climbed some epic hills until I met the sunrise, got home and made a batch of your tortillas (only changes I made was using half whole wheat flour and putting extra salt in, because salt is too good to scrimp on ;-). Totally loved how easy they were to roll out, perfect consistency. Then I ate a spicy sautéed cabbage and scrambled egg wrap using a fresh tortilla, walked my dogs and headed to work. I love life!

66. Misha says

these were the most scrumptious flour tortillas! I was wondering if you have a recipe for whole wheat tortillas. Thank you so much for sharing your recipes…you are helping others live a healthy life :)

• says

Hi Misha, I haven’t made the tortillas with WW flour but a number of people have written me who have made them with WW and even gluten-free flour. They reported very good success with these different flours.

67. Marianna says

Great recipe. Thanks a bunch. I’ve tried many other, but they were all off a bit. this one is just like Rosa’s Cafe, and I love Rosa’s!

68. Bernie says

Thanks for the recipe it works great. I had been using lard but I found the shrinkage made it hard to roll them out big enough. The other thing I do is directly after cooking I put them in a large ziplock bag, hot. It does not make the soggy, but it does allow me to keep them over a number of days fresh, soft and ready to use. I have always found when I let them cool before packing, they got hard and or the edges get ‘crispy’. I cook mine in a large cast iron frying pan. Any balls of dough I don’t use, I wrap up and put in the fridge, when I need them I take them out and let them come to room temp. I have used them up to 3 days after making the dough and it acts like I just made it. I use a food processor to make mine. Today I made home dried tomatoes and red pepper tortillas, they needed a bit extra water to bring the dough together but they turned out great. Thanks again, it’s a great recipe.

69. Ana N. says

Found your recipe this afternoon and immediately proceeded to make the tortillas. They turned out wonderfully! I just bought a Kitchen Aid mixer and it sure made it easier with the dough hook. I had tried another recipe last week using shortening and the recipe was too dry. I love this recipe! I used organic flour and olive oil too so I felt pretty good serving it to my family. Thanks so much and I will be trying your pizza suggestion soon.

• Joy Miller says

These are terrific – so tasty! Nothing like a tortilla I’m used to from a Mexican restaurant which are soft and pliable even when heated, but others say they are just like what they’re used to so maybe my experience is based on only visiting chain restaurants that are more SW than Mexican?

I didn’t make Frisbee’s for sure – didn’t cook them that long – but they do have a slight crisp of them that I suspect is from the oil. Maybe better for Tostadas? Heck, I’m more than happy to just eat them as is!!! Would also be great to make them slightly more crispy, cool them, and then cut them up for salad topping – yum! Will definitely make these again!

• says

Hi Anita, you may have cooked them a bit too long. Try cooking them less and, as soon as they’re done, slipping them into a zippered bag. This will keep them nice and soft.

70. Natalie says

I see that everyone else already said this – but this is seriously the best recipe that I have tried! I won’t be trying any others! I said to my husband before eating, “All the comments said “I’ll never buy store bought again.” We were both hopeful but somewhat skeptical. However, these are wonderful! The kids gobbled them up too! Thank you!!

71. Hyo says

I am so glad someone did the leg work on finding the best tortilla recipe. Do you think I can decrease the flour to 2 1/2 c u ps & then add in 1/2 cup of the masa harina (corn flour) to just give it that little bit of corn flavor? I am so glad to have discovered your site.. will be checking back often.

72. JGo555 says

I just finished eating these. THEY ARE AWESOME! I’m glad I can make them with regular ingredients that I have in my pantry and while they DO take an hour, it’s cause of the usage of a pan, if you use two or a griddle, you’ll finish faster.

They are lovely to the taste, pliable and best of all: WARM!

I will try to NEVER buy tortillas anymore. The store brands taste like cardboard & bitter after taste and break so easy when you’re trying to fold them. Also, THEY EXPIRE. Shelf life of these suck unless frozen but are totally worth it.

Question: Can you make the dough and place it in the fridge well protected from the air to make at a later time?

• says

Thank you. I’m so happy you like them. You could definitely make the dough and refrigerate till ready to use. I would just let the dough return to room temperature before trying to roll.

73. says

This tortilla recipe was such a relief after several other I’ve used in the past. These were delicious and rolled out thinly. They stayed pliable and perfect until we used them! I used white WW flour, coconut oil, and a pinch more sea salt.
    Thank you thank you!

74. Amanda says

I made these after a few mediocre attempts making tortillas and flatbreads from other recipes. These turned out perfect and i didn’t smoke up my kitchen like during the other times!

75. Victoria says

Just finished making these and OMG, I don’t think I’ll ever use store bought again! I’m going to use them for our taco’s tonight but of course, I had to sample one fresh out of the pan with butter on top…divine!

76. Jenn K says

I made the tortillas without cooking them, wrapped them around Enchilada ingredients, covered them in enchilada sauce and baked them. It turned out sooooo good. I’m going to make them again on Friday and cook them this time for tacos. They were so easy to make and so yummy. I’m thinking of all kinds of possibilities now: empanadas, crisp burritos, etc. Thanks for sharing!!

77. Philippa says

I just made a gluten free version of these and they came out wonderful. I swapped regular wheat flour for 1.5 cups all purpose gluten free flour and 1.5 cups buckwheat flour, And I added a tsp of xanthan gum. Other than that I just followed your instructions and they were perfect. Best tortillas I’ve ever made, so thank you so much for sharing this recipe!

78. Robert says

I have to use soy oil here in Brazil. cant get vegetable oil. will this be ok? Im guessing it will only change the flavor.

79. Pam says

This is very similar to Indian roti, only while making roti we don’t use baking powder. I tried this out with whole wheat flour, and it was yum. Thank you for the recipe :)

80. Jennifer says

OMG I made these last night and they turned out perfectly!!!!!!! I have tried many times to make homemade flour tortillas and they have never turned out as desired. These are perfect and so easy to make. And the directions are spot on – I followed them exactly and had no difficulties. I will be using this recipe over and over again thank you so much!

81. says

These photos are lovely, but the font that looks like it has a shadow behind it makes my eyes ache. Still I will make the tortillas anyhow, so i guess the whole font thing doesn’t really matter.

82. Rosie says

Thanks for posting. This is the first recipe I clicked on and for sure the last one I’m ever using!!!! First time making flour tortillas and your recipe turned out fantastic! !!!!!!!! I learned as I rolled em, that thinner is better…At least for my taste.

83. Stephanie says

Well the comments on this site alone are a testament to the goodness of this recipe. I tried it today and I was so pleased! I am an American living in Australia, and tortillas (they call them “wraps”) are SO expensive here compared to home that I just can’t bring myself to buy them. I looked up this recipe, found I had all the ingredients on hand, and made them. What a money saving, delicious treat! I have been craving quesadillas for weeks now, and now I am satisfied. :) These are absolutely delicious and there’s no reason we have to go without tortillas ever again. By the way, many have asked about making it by hand. I made it by hand just as you said–mix with a spoon, then knead until soft. That worked fine and they were able to roll out really thin still. All you need is a rolling pin and you’re golden!

84. Eli P. says

My husband and I have been out of the States for 3 months on a 6mo trip. We’re currently in Ireland and my hubs (and I) have been ACHING for Mexican food. We live in southern AZ so Mexican is a staple in our home. Needless to say, good tortillas are not available here :-( Feeling spunky, I came across your recipe and IT’S FANTASTIC! I couldn’t wait so I went straight to the kitchen and made some for burritos; AWESOME! My hubs is very grateful and sends his regards:-) THANKS!

• says

Thanks so much for letting us know about your great results. That is so cool. I’m happy I could bring a bit of the U.S. to you while your out of the country. Hope the rest of your trip is wonderful!

85. Crystal says

These soft-for-days tortillas are as good as they get. Since this recipe was posted, I have probably prepared these a dozen or more times, and they simply never fail. I follow the recipe precisely and also cook them on a medium-sized non-stick pan with no oil or spray, like the author. I can’t imagine ever buying store-bought tortillas again. Tip: If you’re trying to eat more whole grains, you can substitute 50% whole wheat flour in this recipe and the tortillas will still turn out marvellous.

86. missy says

Great recipe they look delicious…but i”m curious my family has always used lard so if i wanted to swap out the oil for shortening would it be the same amount? thanks so much :)

87. Elizabeth says

Easy Peasy these were!…why have I waited so long to make my own?!…cuz I didn’t have this recipe! Thank you so much…munching on one right now…super yummy!

88. Caro says

I used sunflower oil, as it was all I had, and it worked out nicely… I was amazed at how cheap, easy and delicious these are… Why do we pay so much for pre-made packaged foods that are full of preservatives, again?!

89. Corinne says

I found this recipe today, made it, easy peasy and delicious. Will always make them, going to try the pizza part as well. Thank you for sharing. From Corinne in South Africa :-)

90. Danielle says

Just made these for our lunch and they are so easy to make and absolutely delicious!
    The kids loved them (and they are pretty picky eaters) and my husband said they are the tastiest tortillas he’s ever had :-)
    Will definitely be saving this recipe and making a lot more in the future!

91. tonkatrukster says

I’ve made these several times with much success. My neighbors and kids give them two thumbs up. Thanks for posting!

• Mel says

Wow such a lovely person. You should have your own cooking site jane. So tell us, as you were reading the recipe did it not seem different to you? I mean you seem to know of a better recipe out there that is of course, made by non-whites. Since the two kinds are obviously SO different then why did you not post your non white version so we could all compare. Personally, I love Chris’ version. They taste very similar to the ones I had in Juarez as a teenager. Maybe it was the cook and not the recipe in this case. As the only difference in Chris’ s tortillas and my dear aunts is they used lard and cooked theirs outside over a fire in big iron skillets. His have the same great taste. I, like MANY others here am thankful to Chris for taking his time to share this recipe with us. Some people are just miserable Jane and cant find happiness in even the simple things in life. You seem to be the only one here, so try putting those typing skills to better use in your search bar. I think you may find the recipe you need somewhere else.

92. says

This has been on my to do list for a while! I made tortillas once years ago, when I first moved to Alabama from California and you couldn’t buy flour tortillas here!! Yikes! I can’t wait to try your recipe, I know it will be fabulous~ I use flour tortillas in so many casseroles instead of crepes or pasta and I can’t wait to try yours for pizza as you suggested! Thanks so much!

93. Em says

These are fantastic! I have never made tortillas before and can’t believe how quick and easy they were. Thanks for the recipe!

94. Holly says

Hi!!! I was making tacos and my family has always used flour tortillas, so I checked the internet because I am so tired of paying a fortune to buy the things, I looked at and read probably a dozen recipes, yours was the only one that said they would remain soft and could use the next day, so you don’ t have to use them immediately, So I thought I would try, Well my family are taco freaks, I am now NEVER EVER allowed to buy store bought tortillas again, not even to save time. LOL!! the flavour is so nice.
    I do however have 1 question, can you use Olive oil instead ???, I infuse different herbs with Olive oil and some of these would really add to the flavour of the tortillas, so you can change it up once in a while or just use regular olive oil.
    Thanks so much for posting this recipe, it is AWESOME and my husband and boys thank you to. :)
    Thanks so much
    Holly
    T.T.F.N.

95. Andrea says

Chris, i love your recipe!

Since i started making it, about a week ago, i just need to make again almost every day. And i was buying a bag with 20 tortillas and would be in my fridge for a month or two…=)

Our tacos and taquitos taste SO much better now!

Thank you!

96. says

Thank you so much for this flour tortilla recipe. Truly, they are the best ever, next to my mother’s. I miss my mother so much, and her tortillas too, but making tortillas using your recipe have brought back so many memories! Now I want to make tortillas every day, and that is dangerous! Thanks again.

• says

Oh, I’m so happy that you’ve enjoyed these and that they’ve brought back such special memories. It’s okay to make them every day if it helps you have sweet memories of your mom :)

97. Anna W. says

Can You replace the regular flour with whole wheat flour to make it more of a healthy option for look into making their own wraps.

98. marilu says

Thanks for posting this. I am overseas where tortillas aren’t readily available. My husband went to several stores looking for them to no avail, but he really wanted fajitas tonight, so I came across your site. I was dreading having to make tortillas from scratch, but this was surprisingly easy and made little mess.

I made flour tortillas once before using a different recipe, and it was hard to work with. I couldn’t get it thin enough. I This dough is so easy to work with, so pliable and easy to roll out. I hardly used any flour when I rolled it out and it didn’t stick. I didn’t end up w/ excess flour in the pan, didn’t clean b/w each tortilla, and the pan looked completely clean when I finished them all up. I didn’t change a thing with the ingredient proportions, but I made larger=sized ones w/ the dough split into 8 portions rather than 16.

This recipe is a keeper.

99. Sue says

I’ve tried this recipe twice and the tortillas turned out great but I have to re-heat them using steam every time because they turn out too crispy and it’s hard to fold them into burritos without having a huge mess of broken tortillas. What could I be doing wrong?

100. says

I just made these from Fresh Milled Hard White Spring Wheat, and they are so excellent they make store tortillas taste like some kind of stale paper product.

Thanks much for the recipe.

101. Nina says

Have you tried halving the recipe? These were delicious but were a lot for 2. Also what about freezing the dough before rolling it into portions? Maybe I could freeze the other half? Thank you so much for this recipe. Ran out of taco shells tonight and put these together on a whim. The hubby LOVED them. =)

• Sandy L. says

Thank you for the response. I made them before but cooked them right away. They were fabulous. Can’t wait to make them again.

I always made bread from scratch too since my mom was on 3 very restrictive diets. I always substituted onion powder for the salt. Do you think that would work for this recipe?

102. Sue DiMeglio Russell Kaufman says

I did try your recipe and I love it. I’ve always made an oil pie pastry and so this change made sense to me. I used the baking powder though in the past I often haven’t. I also used 1/3 C whole wheat flour and it just added to the good flavor. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I have been making them for decades and somehow your oil recipe wins lol :)

103. Danielle says

I had planned on making burritos for my family of four and didn’t realize till last minute that I had no tortillas. I panic searched google for a tortilla recipe that was easy and happened to come across yours and THANK YOU SO MUCH. This is so easy and so delicious. My two year old INHALED his, and my four year old had two. I don’t think I’m ever going to bother buying these from the store again. Way. To. Go!!

104. Ains says

Hi there, just tried these out tonight, i usually scoff a bit when anyone says ‘you wont want the store bought version anymore’ but in this case i take my hat off to u! its true! so scrumptious, thanks for finally providing me with scrummy tortillas :D

105. Alexis M says

These turned out great the first time! Next time I may try adding some whole wheat for a little more nutrition. This recipe is a keeper. Thank you for sharing.

106. says

Thanks, your recipe worked great for me. But I’ plan on reducing the oil a little bit next time I think. I might invest in a tortilla press for next time too, or just make rectangular ones.

107. Antonio says

I have been Mexican my entire life and this was the best tortilla recipe I have ever tried. Absolutely perfect!

108. Jody says

THANK YOU!!! I made these today after trying several other recipes and these are hands down the VERY BEST flour tortillas!!! I am so excited to have found this recipe – thank you for doing the ground work.

109. shannon campos-hatfield says

I make tortillas, but they really never turned out great. i love that you said let them sit for 15 minutes, i think it made a world of difference. Thank you!!!!!!(is that enough exclamation marks…NO) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (seems about right…) thank you!

110. Chelsi says

Goodness gracious this recipe is beautiful!! Trying to save money by making my own things. Was a bit nervous for this one, but it was so easy! I mixed it by hand, the dough was practically perfect. Not dry or sticky and extremely stretchy. I didn’t have a rolling pin so rolled a little with a round drinking glass then EASILY stretched the dough to the size I wanted with no problem! The smell of them are amazing!

111. clea says

I have made these twice now and they really are the best ever! Thank you so much. I can not believe how easy they are and how perfect they turn out. I used a food processor and they came together in a snap. Thanks again!

112. Lucy says

Amazing and easy,I’ve tried tortillas once or twice and the result was catastrophic(but I remember the recipe was different so maybe it wasn’t my fault:D). Today I decided to give the homemade tortillas one more chance and I made it!:D I used 50/50 all purpose and whole wheat flour, thank you for the recipe, it makes my day better :]

113. Kas says

Hey there! Sorry to bother you, but would these be okay if i didn’t put baking powder in them? And would they keep if frozen after cooking? Thanks in advance

• says

Hi Kas, I haven’t tried them without the baking powder but I think they’d be fine after freezing. I might separate them with parchment paper or wax paper so they wouldn’t stick together.

• says

Hi Dan, I’m so sorry you had such a difficult experience with these. Sometimes recipes just don’t turn out as well for some reason or another. If you read the other comments, you seem to be in the minority however. I’ve even had some from Mexico write and say how much they enjoyed the tortillas and never had much luck making their own until now. Again, sorry you wasted your time and ingredients, that always is frustrating to me.Oh, and thanks for such a kind comment.

114. Ashley says

Well, all I have to say is wow, I am a professional chef and never in all my years have I come across such a delicious flavoured tortilla. It is so pliable and has that amazing taste of well it tastes almost like a naan bread.i take my hat off to you ( English chap here :) ) you have impressed so much they are beautiful
    Keep cooking, best wishes, Ash.

115. Beatriz says

Exquisite!!….I’ve suffered a lot with other tortilla recipes. They all get stiff and crackly!
    This one is perfect!!
    Delicious!
    Thank you for dividing it with us.
    I’m eating them here in São
    Paulo, Brazil.

116. Jennifer says

Just have to say these are SO GOOD!!! I made a batch for myself and then another for my mom. We both love them. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

117. L says

OMG thank you for posting this. I ran out of tortillas and wanted to make shrimp tacos. Couldn’t be easier and so much better than store bought.

118. Gail Villalobos says

Hi Chris! I would just like to ask about to keep them in the fridge? Should they be uncooked or cooked. Thanks! This is my first time to have made them and I am thrilled. I had been craving for tacos and this recipe just made my day. Thank you so much for sharing! Also every ingredients are very much available here in the Philippines. Thanks again. :-)

119. nevertellthis says

Here’s a secret you may not know, flour tortillas make WONDERFUL DUMPLINGS for Chicken and Dumplings. The finished tortilla is cut into strips and dropped into broth, follow your recipe, only use Tortillas cut in strips for your dumplings. No gooey, sticky, chunky dumplings here. YUM !

120. Nico says

WOW. they are easy to make and super yummy. I had tried to make tortillas a couple years ago but the dough was tough and hard to roll out. These are a dream. Super thanks.

121. Angela says

Chris,
    These sound like a something I’ll try! I have a Type 1 diabetic in my house; can you give me an idea of the carb count on these?

122. Brucie Homington says

These look absolutely delightful!! Tortillas are probably one of my most favorite Japanese foods, can’t wait to try. xD

123. Mike says

When these came off the pan, I was like… OH dear God, they are waaay too crispy and useless. Then I did the microwave-thing, and they transformed into the most wonderful, soft, delicious tortilla wraps I’ve ever tasted. Thank you!!

124. Charl C says

I made these today! So delicious <33 I love how it's simple n easy to make! And all the ingredients were in the cupboard. Thank you for this lovely recipe.

125. lola says

hi I just finished experimenting this recipe!!very soft and yeah,one tbsp salt really makes it flavorful!!only one concern,since i do not have any proper container,can i simply cover em with paper towel and cover it with a plate on top of it,as its only 11.40pm here and i wish to have em for next morning’s brekkie.are the tortillas going to spoil due to steam from the plate i used?sorry my english is bad

126. L. Flores says

Thank you for the recipe. After trying it out, I immediately pinned it. I live in a border town where fresh made tortillas are available on nearly every corner. The problem I have with them is that most authentic Mexican Tortillas are made either with Crisco or with lard (Manteca). The blocks of lard sold at the store also have hydrogenated oils (just like Crisc0) as well as some awful preservatives to keep the lard from spoiling. To avoid these ingredients, I pretty much stick to corn tortillas for tacos and such. There are certain meals though where a flour tortilla is superior so I occasionally make my own. I’ve had difficulty with recipes (like others have stated) that come out too crispy and hard. These stay soft, just as you stated (as long as the recipe/cooking times are followed). It was so much easier too which helps to solve my dilemma of avoiding flour tortillas.

I did notice that just a few people felt these did not taste good and were more like “white people” tortillas. I understand where they are coming from if they are used to eating tortillas with lard. I have a couple of suggestions for someone looking for that type of texture and flavor without the awful ingredients. Firstly, palm oil is a great substitute for Crisco or lard (it’s sometimes labeled as “Organic Shortening”). Increase the amount of oil in the recipe for an oilier tortilla rather than a bread-like tortilla (the difference is just a matter of preference and what you have been used to). Lastly, for flavor, substitute 1/2 cup the water with beef broth. It gives them that meaty beef fat flavor without adding beef fat or lard.

Overall, it’s a great recipe. For those that don’t agree, I suggest using this recipe as your base, and adjusting it to your liking. It’s hard to find any other recipes that are this easy and stay soft. They can even be cooked a second time just before eating them to brown them further for those that like them like that.

127. says

I rarely leave comments after trying recipes but after trying these last night I had to come back and THANK YOU for the recipe! I’ve made a few other recipes over the last couple years and although they tasted good….they never rolled out thin enough and I had never found a recipe that the tortilla would actually stay soft and pliable to fold and roll for things like burritos or enchiladas….until I tried this one! The texture of this dough is perfect for rolling out thin and I couldn’t believe how soft they stayed! they were a hit with the whole family and I think I can officially say that thanks to this recipe I shall NEVER go back to buying tortilla’s again. :) I also just made what my family would eat last night and the rest of the dough I left in the pressed ball shape, dabbed each side in flour and stacked them in a container in my fridge to take out, rolled out and cook as needed. It just got even easier to make them fresh for each meal. Love it!

128. Chelsea says

So tasty. I always have the problem that when I buy tortillas I never use them fast enough and they end up going bad (such a waste of money). This recipe not only solves that problem, but also tastes a hundred times better than anything I can get in a store near where I live.
    This is definitely my go to recipe from now on. I think there are going to be a lot less sandwiches eaten in my house and a lot more wraps!

129. Jen Gordon says

Thank you so much for sharing! I tried these twice yesterday – once with just all purpose flour, once with 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour. I’m also using a tortilla press. Unfortunately, as soon as I open the tortilla press after pressing it down, the dough shrinks right back up. Do you have any flour recommendations or other ideas for me? Thank you!!

Hi Jen,
      I don’t use a tortilla press but I’m wondering if, after you press them, you would let them rest for a few minutes then give them a second press. That might help the dough relax enough to stay flat. Hope that helps – Chris

130. Jon says

Thank you so much for posting this recipe. We love these tortillas. We live overseas in a place where both packaged tortillas and lard aren’t available. These really hit the spot. If I can get my hands on a small tortilla press, I may never go back to packaged tortillas, even when we get back to the states.

131. Snigdha D says

made these today – didnt have a mixer but made the dough by hand. Turned out well, just have to make sure to cook them for half a minute on each side otherwise they get crispy. thanks for the recipe.

132. alexthinksthisiscool says

My 1st time making them, they were excellent! Future ref- double the salt and they’ll be just like abuelita used to make.

133. says

Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. They really are the best ever. I’d been looking for a good tortilla recipe for a while and was never satisfied until I tried yours. Now they are all I use whenever I need a flour tortilla. I mix them by hand and substite 2 cups of whole flour for the white, and they work like a dream, every single time.

134. Sherri says

FINALLY an easy tortilla recipe that tastes authentic. All the other recipes I have used in the past have been excrutiating to roll out. This one is so easy my teenaged son can make this as one of his ways of helping prep school lunches/snacks. We use it for tacos, wraps, for dipping in tzatziki. Here in Canada a bag of 10 tortillas is $5, so I made sure all of my kids in college got a copy to help keep them eating right, on a budget.

135. Adriana says

I made these for breakfast today for some chorizo and egg tacos. (mexican chorizo that crumbles up). They are really tasty. I put all of my ingredients in the food processor and pulsed until it formed a dough ball. Super easy and quick and let the dough rest as indicated.

136. Hayley Lam says

THANK you so much for the recipe! I have made it soooo many times and it has save us a lot of effort to run down to the groceries :P (yet i don’t mind the effort making these tortillas, THEY ARE REALLY GOOD)

137. Mae says

Thank you for sharing the recipe as first timer attempt I think I’m alright..

Though I do have a few questions:
    1) rolling and a presser will IT affect the end result? An argument w my spouse over it. He insisted without the presser one can’t make tortilla.
    2) how thin is too thin or just nice. When I rolled it too thin it doesn’t puff up much. But when I roll it just nice to keep a round shape the whole piece puffed up as if there’s 2 layers! But I over cook a few which end up partially hard..like chips..

Thank in advance.

Hi Mae,
      Thanks for leaving a comment. In regards to your questions:
      1) I’ve never used a roller/presser so I’m not sure what the results would be.
      2) I roll mine quite thin. Mine don’t puff up too much. I don’t really want them to be pitas but rather thin tortillas. Yes, and you do have to watch them carefully to not over cook.

138. Jocelyn says

Thanks so much for posting this recipe! These tortillas are perfect, so yummy and easy to make! I try to make as much food as I can from scratch, and these definitely fit the bill. PLUS I don’t ever have to remember to buy tortillas from the store! xD

139. Sally says

I loved this recipe. I mixed/kneeded by hand for 4 minutes rather than get my mixer out and they were great. I rolled them thin enough to read through and when cooked they looked just right and rolled perfectly to make wraps. I don’t think I will buy tortillas again.

140. misti Childers says

absolutely the easiest and best recipe I have come across for tortillas. I have bad shoulders in so rolling other tortilla recipes bothers my shoulder because of how to toss the dough is. These tortillas are amazing and I made 5 batches back to back for friends and family. I even had to sneak in eating one or two with butter and a little bit of sugar. delicious thank you so much for sharing.

141. Rachel says

These tortillas rock! I’ve been making them for months now and I don’t see ever NOT having them in our house. They save money, they are so easy to make, and they taste sooo much better than pre made tortillas! My family thanks you!!

Trackbacks