I feel like a rat, not sharing this Lemon Herb Vinaigrette recipe with you till now. Well, in my defense (not wanting to feel like a complete rodent) I actually did share it, back in the early days of The Café. You’ll see a fairly similar looking dressing on this post (as you can see, we didn’t know much about food photography back then). But I’ve tweaked it and tested it since then and it’s even better now. In fact, it’s such a huge favorite here at The Café that as soon as the jar runs low, I whip up another batch. It’s almost too good for words.Print
Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
This Lemon Herb Vinaigrette is my go-to salad dressing. You will always find a jar in my refridg as it goes with a zillion different salads.
- Category: Salad Dressing
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried mint, optional*
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh herbs**, optional*
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, optional*
- 1 tsp fresh minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a glass jar. Shake well.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before using to meld the ingredients.
- Store in a tightly covered jar in the refrigerator.