You definitely want these Maple and Rosemary Brown Butter Pecans in your life…
Why do I say that?
Well, I’m glad you asked. Actually there are LOTS of reasons. Other than the fact that they’re sweet, savory and salty all rolled into one, they’re irresistibly delicious. And easy; super easy with only one bowl to clean. Oh, and they’re wonderful for salads, snacking, gifts and make a fantastic little pre-dinner nibble.
I love that you can make these nuts well in advance and just pop them in the freezer in little storage jars. Pull a container out a few hours before serving and place them in a pretty bowl – guests won’t have a clue you weren’t roasting nuts just before they arrived.
And if you’re thinking brown butter might be a little tricky, nope – not this time! It’s done in the microwave in less than 3 minutes. Just add a few other ingredients: maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, fresh rosemary, kosher salt and of course, the pecans. Give it all a good stir to coat the pecans and they’re ready for a slow roast in the oven till they’re golden, crisp and full of fabulous flavor.
Are you convinced? I thought so. I could stop here, right? But it’s only fair to tell you that there is one negative thing about these Maple and Rosemary Brown Butter Pecans. And let’s not tell The Café photographer that I revealed this, okay? Just between you and me?
Ready? Here goes; they’re extremely addictive and pretty much impossible to hide. Well, at least at our house. I thought I had quite a good supply of these tucked away in a secret place, but when I went to look… not so much. I guess there was a mouse in the house, once again.
Have any mice at your house? How about nut lovers? Friends and/or family that enjoy healthy, delicious snacks? Surprise them with a batch of these Maple and Rosemary Brown Butter Pecans. Just know, they’ll be requested again and again!
WANT TO SEE MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES FROM THE CAFÉ? SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION. THAT WAY, YOU’LL NEVER MISS A POST.
AND WE’RE FOREVER PINNING RECIPES AND INSPIRATIONAL IDEAS ON PINTEREST – JUST CLICK TO FOLLOW US.Print
Maple and Rosemary Brown Butter Pecans
With a magical combination of maple syrup, brown butter and rosemary, these are addictively delicious – be sure to make plenty!
- Category: Snacks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves, minced, divided
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a sheet pan with foil for easy clean up. Lightly grease pan with oil.
- Place butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Cover bowl with a microwave-safe plate that fits over the top of the bowl*. Microwave on high for 2 1/2-3 minutes or until butter starts changing color from pale yellow to a light golden brown. The butter will continue to cook after you remove it and will turn a bit darker, so don’t let it go past light golden. Start checking it at 2 1/2 minutes and watch carefully. Bowl will be hot, so use oven mitts to remove from microwave. Let the butter cool for about 10 minutes, then remove plate.
- Add maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce and garlic salt.. Stir gently to coat, then sprinkle with sea salt and 2 teaspoons of the minced rosemary. Transfer pecans to prepared sheet pan and spread to a single layer.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. (Every oven is different so be sure to check after 20 minutes.)I like to use a heat-resistant silicon spatula for this so the foil does rip. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons of rosemary and a bit more sea salt. Toss and set aside to cool. Stir several times during cooling to keep nuts from sticking together.
* I used plastic wrap to cover the bowl with success but a reader reported that her plastic wrap melted so I amended the recipe to use a plate instead.