Some of our best grilling recipes from the Café archives. You'll be sure to find lots of great ideas for your summer recipe arsenal!
Happy Summer! It's not quite official yet, but it's certainly been feeling like summer here in North Carolina for the past few weeks. The soft, spring greens that were such beautiful sights for sore winter eyes a month ago, has been transformed to deep, vibrant verdant hues. And now Memorial Day is upon us. It's definitely time to dust off the grill and enjoy this wonderful season of outdoor cooking. So, without further ado: The Café's best grilling recipes! Bon Appetit!
Grilled Lemongrass Beef Skewers - Looking for a crowd pleaser? Throw together the marinade for these wonderful beef skewers early in the day and dinner will be super easy – and super delicious!
Peruvian Grilled Chicken Skewers - Juicy, tender grilled chicken, bursting with vibrant flavor. These Peruvian Grilled Chicken Skewers are a delicious fusion of South American and Asian cuisines! Heads up: you may find yourself eating the delicious sauce with a spoon!
Grilled Chicken Nicoise Salad - This salad is fresh, healthy and delicious. The Basil Anchovy Dressing takes it to a new level of deliciousness!
Steak and Potato Arugula Salad - A fresh, yet hearty entree with steak, warm potatoes, and a delicious champagne vinaigrette, this healthy salad is a meal in a bowl easy enough for every day, elegant enough for a dinner party!
Asian Barbecued Chicken and Veggie Skewers - These fun, easy skewers are sweet, sticky – with a touch of heat. They never fail to bring rave reviews!
Chopped Mexican Quinoa Salad with Chili Lime Shrimp - Super delicious, super healthy and bursting with fresh, south-of-the-border flavor, this entree chopped salad is sure to please! Skip the shrimp and you have a perfect side for parties, picnics, and potlucks!
Grilled Mexican Flat Iron Steak - This healthy grilled steak recipe with beautiful rainbow carrots comes together quickly and is loaded with fabulous flavor!
Farmer’s Market Grilled Chicken Salad with Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette - A fabulous fresh summer salad with a sweet and spicy dressing, tender, juicy, grilled chicken and lots of summery veggies.
Grilled Tri-Tip with Chimichurri Sauce - Tri-Tip has fabulous flavor and is a very tender cut of beef that’s perfect for grilling and decently priced. The fresh herb sauce is a fresh, delicious complement to the delicious beef.
Café Tips for preparing these best grilling recipes
- For best results when grilling, use an instant thermometer. Grilling meat to the right temperature makes all the difference between tender, juicy and delicious results and dry, tough and unappealing entrees. You don't have to spend a fortune on an instant thermometer. This one is reasonable and has lots of 5-star reviews.
- Heat your grill to the right temperature before adding the meat. Some recipes require a super hot grill and others will yield much better results with a lower temperature.
- Clean your grill before starting. It’s easier to clean the grates when the grill is hot. After preheating, use a wire grill brush to clean off charred debris from prior grilling.
- Give finished meats a rest time on a clean surface. This will allow the juices to redistribute evenly. Tent (lightly cover with aluminum foil) the grilled meat with foil for 8-10 minutes before slicing.
- A good, sharp chef's knife will allow you to slice grilled meats like they are butter. I have had my Global knives for over 5 years now and they are my right hand in the kitchen.
So happy grilling! Happy summer! And Bon Appétit!
The Café Sucre Farine is a participant in the Amazon Affiliate Program. Affiliate programs are designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon. The price you pay as a consumer does not change, but if you make a purchase through one of our links, we receive a small commission - and we continue delivering delicious recipes to you!