This colorful and delicious salad is super easy to prepare; it’s the perfect healthy side dish for everyday or special occasions!
Since our last three posts were focused on all things cupcakes, I thought it was time to swing over to the healthy, savory side. But don’t worry, this Pomegranate Parsley Couscous Salad is as exciting and pretty as a whole platter of cupcakes! Loaded with a beautifully-hued array of delicious ingredients, it will be a perfect side for all the fall celebrations and get-together’s coming up.
Deseeding a pomegranate? Not to worry – we’ve got you covered!
LOTS OF PEOPLE ASK WHAT KIND OF COOKWARE, SMALL APPLIANCES, CUTLERY, ETC. I USE IN THE KITCHEN. HERE’S WHAT I USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE.
Pomegranate Parsley Couscous Salad
Super easy to prepare, this Pomegranate Parsley Couscous Salad is the perfect healthy side for everyday and special occasions.
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Salad
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons apple juice, orange juice or water
- 1 cup dry couscous
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- ½ cup parsley leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup mint leaves, chopped
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds*
- Place golden raisins and juice (or water) in a small microwave-safe container. Cover with plastic wrap and cook in microwave for 30 seconds on high power. Remove from microwave and set aside. (This will rehydrate raisins, making them plump and delicious.)
- In a medium bowl, combine couscous and salt. Add boiling water, stir and cover with plastic wrap for 10 minutes. Uncover, add butter and stir with a fork till fluffy.
- Whisk together lemon juice and olive oil and pour over warm couscous. Stir well.
- Add scallions, parsley, mint and golden raisins. Stir to combine.
- Taste and season with a bit more salt, if needed and a generous grind of fresh black pepper.
- Scatter pomegranate seeds over top of salad. Garnish with fresh mint leaves, if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.