WOW! Yum! My word! MMMMM! Amazing! Oh my! Schmakalacka! Whoa! YIKES! Fab! ……. What’s your superlative word? You know, the one you use when something is quite extraordinary, the one you’ll say for sure when ………..
…………. you smell the intoxicating aroma of these delightful SnickerDoodle Muffins wafting through your kitchen.
…………. when you take a peek in the oven and see them rising up so beautifully tall and rounded.
…………. when you pull them out, all golden and glistening with cinnamony-sugary goodness.
…………. when you can’t resist any longer, breaking one apart, warm from the oven, slathering a touch of the sweet, spicy butter as it melts right before your eyes, filling every little moist nook and cranny.
…………. but most of all, when you take that first, melt-in-your-mouth, delicious bite.
………….. Oh yeah, be ready – cause whatever your superlative word is, you’ll find yourself saying it …………….. more than once!
SnickerDoodle Muffins with …….. DoodleSnicker Butter!
Ingredients for the cinnamon/sugar mixture:
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
½ cup sugar
1 large egg
2 cups flour
½ teaspoon soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup milk
½ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 stick butter, softened (for the DoodleSnicker Butter)
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. Combine the first 1/2 cup sugar with the one tablespoon of cinnamon. Mix well to combine. Set aside.
3. Spray 12 muffin pan cups liberally with cooking spray. Using your index finger wrapped with a paper towel rub inner surfaces of muffin cups to ensure complete coverage. Sprinkle approximately 1 teaspoon of the sugar mixture into each muffin cup. Holding the pan over the sink, tilt pan to coat each cup with the sugar cinnamon mixture. If needed use a little more of the sugar/cinnamon and sprinkle any unsugared places with mixture. When cups are coated, discard any loose sugar into the sink.
4. Beat butter and sugar. Add egg and beat well. Combine milk and sour cream. Combine dry ingredients and add alternately with milk mixture beating just until combined.
5. Spoon by rounded teaspoons into greased muffin cups, sprinkling a 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon/sugar mixture over each teaspoon full. Continue till each muffin cup is 2/3 full. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon over top of each muffin. Reserve the rest of the sugar for the DoodleSnicker Butter. (You should have about 1/4 cup left.)
6. Bake at 400˚F for 5 minutes. Reduce temperature to 325˚F and continue to bake another 10 -15 minutes until springy when gently touched on top. (This initial burst of heat helps the muffins rise tall and round.)
7. Remove from oven. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove from pan and place onto a cooling rack. Try to control yourself a bit if you can!
Instructions for the DoodleSnicker Butter:
1. Place remaining sugar in a microwave-safe bowl.
I’m sharing this over at On the Menu Monday at Stone Gable