These Sweet and Spicy Roasted Pecans are so full of flavor; they are guaranteed to spice up anything you place on the table next to them!
Second, you really HAVE to make them! You just have to, and you’ll thank me for it, I promise!
Well, maybe just one more thing; don’t be surprised when, as soon as you/your family/your friends take the first nibble, the rest of the nuts go flying out of the bowl!
I’m not saying I told you so or anything like that, but… By the way, these Sweet and Spicy Roasted Pecans would pair very well with our Parmesan Crisps with Thyme and Sea Salt for a great appetizer combo!
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha available in the Asian section at most larger grocers
- 1 tablepoon water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 300˚F. Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with cooking spray or rub with oil to coat.
- Combine honey, melted butter, Sriracha, water and salt in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add pecans and stir to coat well.
- Pour onto prepared sheet pan and spread to an even layer. Place in oven for 10 minutes. Stir to redistribute nuts and return to oven. Repeat this at least 3 times, for a total baking time of about 40-60 minutes. Every oven is different so watch pecans carefully towards the end. You want them to be a beautiful deep golden brown, but not black (been there, done that!). I highly recommend using a timer. Once they reach the deep golden brown point, remove from oven and sprinkle lightly with a bit of sea salt and the fresh rosemary. Stir to distribute all the goodness :). Allow to cool on foil completely, then transfer to an airtight container.
If the weather is humid, the nuts may get a bit sticky after a few days. If this happens just return to the oven (on a greased, foil-lined baking sheet) for about 5 minutes at 300˚F. Again, allow to cool completely on baking sheet.