A fabulous Asian-inspired salad with lean chicken and coconut curry noodles; this Asian Chicken and Coconut Curry Noodle Salad is fresh, healthy and crazy-delicious!
We’ve been selecting a few of our favorite recipes from The Café archives to refresh and repost. These are the ones that are just too good to be lost in the deep dark recesses of this 900+ recipe blog. Sometimes we’re taking some new photos and with others just need freshening up the format and text. This Asian Chicken and Coconut Curry Noodle Salad is definitely one of those too good to be forgotten recipes!
It’s funny, but when this dish is on the dinner menu, I’m excited all day. It’s got all the flavors and textures that I love; sweet, salty, spicy, crunchy, fresh, crisp and just plain old crazy-delicious!
A super versatile whole meal salad
I used butter lettuce this time for my Asian Chicken and Coconut Curry Noodle Salad but I’ve also made it with kale, arugula and green leaf lettuce; all wonderful substitutions. Some of the other ingredients can be varied as well. Steak or shrimp could be exchanged for the chicken and mango or peaches would be wonderful in lieu of nectarines.
But don’t substitute on the Asian Honey-Sesame Salad Dressing or the Coconut Curry Noodles. They’re what takes this salad right over the top.
I love having a jar of this delicious Asian Honey Sesame Salad Dressing stashed away in the refrigerator, as it goes well with so many ingredients, not to mention the zillion ways to use it (check it out here).
Coconut Curry Noodles, so easy and so… good!
The Coconut Curry Noodles are incredibly delicious and super simple to throw together. While you’re boiling water for the pasta, throw some coconut milk and a scoop of green curry paste in a saucepan. Bring it to a simmer and cook until it’s reduced in half. By the time your pasta’s done, it will be thick, fragrant and ready to combine with noodles. The sweet/spicy sauce will be absorbed by the noodles, and you’ll find yourself snitching one little delicious taste after another.
Much of the salad can be prepped ahead of time making it the perfect, healthy dinner for busy evenings. Want to be excited all day about dinner? Put this Asian Chicken and Coconut Curry Noodle Salad on your menu. And, if there’s an extra chair at your table, save it for me!
Café Tips for making this Asian Chicken and Coconut Curry Noodle Salad
- You could also use Soba noodles for this dish, which would be more authentic but harder to find, so I chose angel hair pasta, which is universally available. If you have access to Soba noodles, by all means use them!
- If making this salad during times of the year when nectarines or peaches are not in season, use mango. It’s much easier to find decent mangos throughout the year than nectarines or peaches.
- You’ll probably have more dressing than you need, but it’s wonderful on just about any kind of salad.
- Field greens, green leaf lettuce, arugula, kale or spinach will also work well in this salad.
- Cilantro is a delicious garnish substitute for basil.
- Cashews are also wonderful on this salad, in lieu of peanuts.
- Rotisserie chicken, grilled chicken breast or leftover roasted chicken would all work well for this salad.
What I used to make and serve this Asian Chicken and Coconut Curry Noodle SaladPrint
Asian Chicken and Coconut Curry Noodle Salad
A fabulous Asian-inspired salad with lean chicken and coconut curry noodles, its fresh, healthy and CRAZY-delicious!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Asian
- Ingredients for the coconut curry noodles:
- ¾ cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- Ingredients for the salad:
- 6 cups Bib or butter lettuce
- diced cooked chicken breast
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 3 medium nectarines , diced
- Asian Honey-Sesame Salad Dressing
- ½ cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- fresh basil leaves, chopped if large
- Combine coconut milk and curry paste in a medium size pot. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to maintain a steady simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until reduced by one half. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt and angel hair pasta. Stirring frequently, cook for 3-4 minutes or until noodles are al dente.
- Once noodles are cooked, drain well and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss with 2 forks to coat pasta with oil. Transfer to a medium size bowl and add the coconut milk/curry mixture. Toss again with forks till noodles are coated then cover lightly with plastic wrap and set aside. Allow to sit for 30 minutes before serving for pasta to absorb liquid. Taste and add a pinch of sea salt if needed.
- Place lettuce on a large platter or divide between 6 large salad bowls or plates. Arrange nectarines, chicken, avocado and pasta in rows on top of lettuce. Drizzle lightly with the Asian Honey-Sesame Salad Dressing then scatter the chopped peanuts and fresh basil over the top. Pass extra dressing at the table.
See notes in post for ingredient substitutions.
Calories do not include dressing. See the Asian Honey-Sesame Salad Dressing post for that nutritional information.