Fall has arrived in all it’s glory! As inspiration for your autumn produce enjoyment, we’re sharing 15 delicious fall salads, plus a guide for creating your own!
Woohoo! Fall! Although right now, we’re in the midst of an October heat wave in North Carolina, we’ve had some unbelievably beautiful autumn days this past month. Those cool, clear, crisp mornings that spur dreams of cozy fires in the hearth, hikes through multi-hued forests and huge pots of fragrant soup simmering on the back burner. As an inspiration for all the delicious produce that’s showing up at the market, I’ve created this guide for putting together wonderful seasonal salads and have chosen 15 delicious fall salads to whet your appetite.
A Guide to Delicious Fall Salads – Best Seasonal Produce and Ingredients
The sky’s the limit here, as you’ll see in the delicious fall salads below, but I’ve also put together a list of greens and add-ins for creating your own personal fabulous autumn-inspired salads.
- Hearty greens are perfect for fall. Any of the following will work well:
- Baby kale
- Shaved Brussels sprouts
- Shredded red or green cabbage
- Fall salads don’t have to include greens. Roasted root veggies combined with a hearty grain and drizzled with a vibrant autumn-inspired dressing can serve as a complete meal.
- There are so many delicious grains to choose from. Cook up a batch of any of the following and use it all week long for salads, soups and sides.
- Quinoa (How to Make Perfect Quinoa)
- Cracked Wheat
- What’s an autumn-inspired dressing? Here are a few ideas to get you on the right track.
- Fall brings amazing produce to the market. Here are some delicious options that are readily available now and for the next few months.
- Root vegetables
- Pomegranates (If you’re intimidated by pomegranates, check out this easy technique for removing the seeds!)
- Dried figs
- These finishing touches for fall salads add texture, flavor and lots of gourmet pizzaz!
15 Delicious Fall Salads
So there you have it; 15 Delicious Fall Salads. Enjoy and Bon appétit! Don’t be surprised to see a new fall salad recipe coming up soon here at The Café! Perusing through all this autumn deliciousness has got me super psyched about all things fall!