Delicious pizza with pesto, prosciutto, and topped with a fresh, shaved asparagus salad!
Have you tried it yet? The Shaved Asparagus Salad & Sweet Corn Salad w/ Ribboned Red Onions & Fresh Lemon Vinaigrette from last Friday’s post.
Don’t let springtime and the gorgeous asparagus, that’s (quite literally) popping up here, there and everywhere, pass you by without enjoying this fresh, vibrant, super healthy salad.
Oh, and be sure to make a double batch as you’ll be able to wow your family and friends the next day with a unique delicious salad that looks like a piece of artwork!
Did I hear you say you don’t make homemade pizza? Afraid of the whole “yeast” problem? No worries! Just pick up a ball of pizza dough* and away you go with a memorable Spring dinner that your family and/or friends will be raving about!
Pesto & Prosciutto Pizza w/ Shaved Asparagus Salad
1 ball pizza dough*
¼ cup purchased or homemade pesto
3-4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut or torn into small pieces
½ recipe Shaved Asparagus Salad w/ Sweet Corn, Ribboned Red Onion & Fresh Lemon Dressing**
1. Place pizza stone or sheet pan on middle rack of oven. Preheat oven to 450˚F.
2. Pat or roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to a 14″ circle. Place a piece of parchment paper, slightly larger than your dough on a pizza peel or an upside down sheet pan. (The parchment paper will make your transfer of the pizza to the oven infinitely easier!) Sprinkle parchment paper lightly with cornmeal. Fold dough in quarters and place on parchment paper, then unfold.
3. Place pesto in the center of the pizza dough and spread evenly leaving a 1 inch border around the edges. Tear prosciutto into bite size pieces and scatter evenly on top of pesto. Finish with mozzarella, nestling it between the prosciutto. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
4. Slide parchment paper with pizza on top onto stone or cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and let cool slightly, 1-2 minutes. Scatter with Shaved Asparagus Salad, cut in to wedges and serve immediately.
~ *You can purchase pizza dough from Whole Foods, Trader Jo’s and many other grocery stores. Often pizzerias will sell a ball of their own dough for a very reasonable price.
~ **Leftover salad works great for this pizza.