I love Valentine’s Day, how about you? I love candy hearts, paper doilies, red roses, pink cupcakes, romantic violin music, candle light dinners and seeing men scurrying here, there and everywhere with bouquets of beautiful flowers for their sweethearts. One of my love languages for Valentine’s Day and all through the year is making special treats for family and friends. I prepared this delicious dessert soup especially for my son, since he’s quite smitten with clementine oranges. I had some beautiful fresh strawberries and decided to pair them with the sweet clementines for a fun and unique dessert.
This delicious Strawberry-Clementine Soup comes together in minutes, looks quite impressive, is bright, fresh and amazingly guilt-free from a nutritional point of view. How many desserts can you say all that about? Pull out your fanciest glasses for the big V-day and treat you family/friends/sweetheart to a delightful, heart-healthy treat.
Strawberry-Clementine Dessert Soup
This Strawberry-Clementine Dessert Soup Strawberry-Clementine Soup comes together in minutes, and is bright, fresh, impressive and amazingly guilt-free!
- Yield: Serves 4-6
- Category: Dessert
- 1 ½ quarts fresh strawberries
- zest and juice of 8 clementine oranges
- ¼ cup honey
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Greek Yogurt or heavy cream, for drizzling
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor container and puree until smooth. Taste and add a bit more honey and/or lime juice, if needed.
- Chill for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Serve in your fanciest glasses, drizzled with Greek yogurt (thinned with a bit of milk or cream) or whipping cream. Swirl yogurt or cream with a toothpick for a beautiful presentation.