1 ¾ cups crushed strawberries
½ cup finely diced (well-drained) fresh pineapple
4 ½ cups granulated sugar
1 pouch liquid Certo pectin
¼ cup lemon juice
1. Hull and thoroughly crush strawberries, one layer at a time. Add fresh pineapple.
2. In a large bowl, stir together prepared fruit and sugar.
3. Let stand 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally until all sugar is dissolved. If sugar is not dissolved after 4-5 hours, place in microwave on high for 2 minutes and stir again. One other secret, if sugar is still not completely dissolved, place mixture in the microwave and warm on high for 2 ½ minutes. This will not cook the jam, just help dissolve the last bits of sugar.
4. Add Certo and lemon juice. Stir for 3 minutes.
5. Put into clean containers filling up to ¼ inch from the rim. Cover with lids. Leave at room temperature 24 hours or until set.
1 cup blueberries
4 c. sugar
¼ tsp. lemon or orange peel
1 pouch Certo liquid fruit pectin
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1. Crush berries, measure 2 cups of the berries in a bowl .Combine berries, sugar and lemon peel and stir well.