Our 2019 gift guide, for the people in your life who love to cook, bake, grill and entertain.
It’s here- our 2019 gift guide! These items are tried and true things we use and love on a daily basis or things we would love to add to our kitchens. This guide is for people who love making and sharing good food. If you’re shopping this Black Friday or Cyber Monday we hope these will be helpful to you.
1.Zyllis Garlic Press – I’ve been using one of these for garlic for longer than I care to remember. It’s a simple press, small and easy to store but it works great. You don’t even have to peel the garlic, just pop a clove or two in and press. Out comes the garlic, the peel stays inside!
2. Staub 7-quart Dutch Oven/ Cocette – this is a cook’s dream come true pot. It’s perfect for soups, stews, chili, roasts, curries, braising and everything in between. It’s a lifetime pot that will be cherished and well-loved.
3. Cuisinart Immersion/Stick Blender – This is one of the best small appliances ever created! It’s a wonderfully handy kitchen tool. It’s great for pureeing soups, whipping cream, chopping nuts, mashing potatoes…
4. Silicone Spatulas with Bamboo Handle – I have two sets of these and use them all the time. They’re really sturdy as well as being heat resistant.
5. KitchenAid Stainless Steel Whisk – I have a lot of whisks but this is the one I always reach for. It’s sturdy and has a really nice feel in the hand.
6. Wolf High Performance Blender – I am the proud owner of one of these beautiful dream machines and I couldn’t be happier with it. It does everything that a Vitamix does but it’s classier. A perfect gift for someone who loves to cook!
1.ThermoPro Wireless Remote Digital Thermometer with Dual Probe – never overcook your meat again!
2. Weber 3 Piece Toolset– for the griller who needs a new, quality set of grilling tools This is it!
3. Grill Glove– This glove is a game-changer when it comes to working over a hot grill.
4. YETI Tumbler– Keep his favorite beverage perfectly cold or hot.
5. Traeger Grill and Smoker – Got a guy or gal who loves to smoke meats AND grill? This is the perfect choice – and the price is right too!
6. Cuisinart Sauce Pot and Basting Brush– What serious griller/smoker couldn’t use a handy tool like this next to their grill?
7. LED Barbeque Lights– Ever got caught trying to grill in the dark? Not fun! These two ingenious LED lights will make grilling in the dark a breeze!
8. Grill Brush– This tool is vital for the serious griller – makes the messy job of keeping those grates nice and clean!
9. Charcoal Chimney– If you have a “traditional” charcoal grill person in your house, this handy tool will make starting the grill so much easier!
10. Grilling Basket– What to do with veggies (especially asparagus) that love to roll off the grill or down through the grates? No problem!
11. Smoker Box– For grills that don’t have a built-in smoker box, this is a sturdy, heavy-duty grilling tool that anyone would enjoy!
12. Bose Bluetooth Speaker– Music while you grill! We’ve had this for several years and it still works great.
13. Weber Charcoal Grill- Our son, Nick, has had this sturdy, economical grill for a number of years and loves it!
3. OXO Stainless Steel Cut and Serve Turner– This is the perfect tool for cutting bars or brownies and placing cookies on a cooling rack. I reach for it all the time.
4. Global Serrated Bread Knife– My favorite knife for slicing that homemade bread. Perfect for slicing cakes into layers as well.
5. HaloVa Kitchen Apron, Premium Cotton Apron– if you know someone who says “cooking makes them happy”, this is the gift for them.
7. OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Sheet Pan – if you have a cookie maker on your shopping list, these are great pans! I’ve systematically gotten rid of all my other sheet pans because these are so great. They also work really well for sheet pan dinners like this Mediterranean Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner.
8. OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Cooling Rack– I love this cooling rack! It’s not only really pretty but it fits right into the OXO Good Grips Sheet Pan. It’s wonderful for making this Mustard Maple Candied Bacon.
9. 13 Piece Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons– If the baker in your life is using plastic measuring cups, I know they would appreciate this upgrade! I also love how the measuring spoons actually fit into spice jars!
10. Oven Mits with Silicone– The silicone makes these non-slip and they come in several colors
11. Precut Parchment Paper Sheets – these are wonderful and save so much time! A box will last forever but you will be fondly remembered each time your baking friend pulls one out!
12. Cuisinart Mini Spatulas– Perfect for getting sticky things like honey or peanut butter out of measuring cups
1. Bamboo Cheeseboard Set with Cutlery – I got this set last year and it’s been so fun to pull out for entertaining. It would be lovely for holiday entertaining with these Copycat Raincoast Crackers and cheese and this Cranberry Clementine Conserve.
2. Capri Blue Volcano Candle– We can’t get enough of this candle and its wonderful scent.
3. Marble and Teak Serving Tray – a really classy tray for serving appetizers, cookies, charcuterie, etc. It also makes a fabulous cheese board. Want to learn to make a beautiful cheeseboard? We’ve got a great post with lots of helpful tips.
4. Acacia Wood Salt Box- This saltbox is pretty and functional
5. Maldon Sea Salt- We love Maldon Sea Salt around here. It is the best finishing salt. Add a little box to any of these gifts or take one along when you’re invited for dinner.
6. Modern Stoneware Vase– This beautiful vase would fit any decor. Fill with flowers and you have a great gift.
7. Turkish Tea Towels– These tea towels are stylish and quick drying
8. Marble Wine Cooler – keeps wine or champagne cool but can also be used as a kitchen utensil holder or a vase.
9. Geometric Ceramic Stone Coasters– These beautiful coasters would be great for someone who loves to entertain.
10. Mango Wood and Copper Serving Set– I love the copper details on these!